Think & Learn, the company behind the brand BYJU's, is a niche player in the global Ed-Tech segment. A winner of the Deloitte Fastest 50 India Award in 2012,'13,'14 and the Fastest 300 Asia Award, Think & Learn provides educational offerings for a lifetime with teaching skills that give students a crucial competitive advantage in learning to strengthen their basics for examinations and life not just through the app world but also through its training division -BYJU's Classes.
Our wide range of products includes classes for Overseas and Domestic Test Preparation courses handed over in varied formats. The company started with a regular Classroom model and has switched over to a technology-enabled platform making it currently the India's Largest Ed-tech company. Not only has the group of passionate educators created technology platforms in Android an iOS, it has partnered with the biggest names in different industries to create products for Tablets and apps for Android across the world touching close to 8 million students worldwide on our platform.
Think & Learn Pvt Ltd is India's largest technology based education provider. Founded in 2008, Think & Learn provides test preparation services and supplemental content for K-12 segment through technology enabled channels like VSAT, Internet and Tablet. The Bangalore based company runs the iconic brand BYJU's Classes which has over 93 test prep centers for exams like CAT, IAS, JEE, GMAT, GRE across India. Backed by Dr Ranjan Pai and Mohandas Pai of the Manipal group to start with, followed by Chan Zuckerberg Initiative, Sequoia Capital, Sofina, Verlinvest, Light Speed Ventures, Times Internet, IFC World bank group.
Think & Learn is the youngest company to win the CNBC-Crisil Emerging India Award (Education).
Job Title: Sales Team Lead/Assistant Manager - Sales
Job Location: Chennai, Mumbai, Delhi
Desired Experience: 2 - 4 Year
Salary Details: INR 5.5 LPA to INR 67 LPA (including fixed and variable components)
(The final CTC will depend upon candidates' performance & experience during the interview and will be at the company's discretion)
Courses: B.E / B.Tech [All branches] or Any Graduate with Excellent skills
Tentative date of joining: Immediate
About The Division:
The Admissions Abroad divisions, headed by ISB alum Mr. PN Santosh, is a separate division in Think and Learn which has a vision to change the way grads and undergrads approach higher education. While working for this division, our employees not only undergo the best-in-the- industry business development training, but also get to understand a big deal about the higher education scenario in India and Abroad. The job involves educational consulting-cum-sales which eventually helps our employees lay down their own roadmap for higher education and get mentored for the same. A typical lifecycle of an employee involves entering as a fresher with doubts about their future and leaving as an MS/MBA candidate with an enriched experience, knowledge and financial independence.
Job Title: Business Development Associate
Job Description: Generating revenue for the team through educational consulting and by closing sales deals either over the phone or face to face. The candidates will get a chance to rub shoulders with alumni of ISB, IIMs, NITs and various other prestigious institutions of India and the US. Performing candidates may be given opportunities to train and/or lead a team and/or manage important business accounts.
- This role is meant only for those who are willing to stretch and can survive in a high pressure 6 day working sales team.
- The primary responsibility of the candidate is to ensure generation of target revenues by managing a 5-10 member sales team.
- The employee will get a chance to rub shoulders with alumni of ISB, IIMs, NITs and various other prestigious institutions of India and the US.
- Candidates with sales management background or those from test prep industry shall be preferred.
- Sales experience with the target group of 21-25 year olds is an added bonus. The job may involve company provided outstation travel.
- Recruit, train and manage a team of salespeople for the assigned geographical territory
- Plan sales approach, pitch and work closely with the team to achieve the target revenue.
- Counsel and motivate students (individually or group) to pursue higher education.
- Generate MIS reports on incoming leads, revenue generated and performance of each sales associate in the team; capture all relevant data points in the process.
- Handle the recruitment process for the team
- Manage marketing campaigns and ad content
- Forecast sales targets and target achievement by the team. Submit weekly progress reports and ensure data is accurate.
- The preferred candidate will possess the following skill set:
- Bachelor/ Master degree is required. (A degree in marketing/ sales/ engineering is strongly preferred).
- 2-5 years of related work experience in sales/ marketing/ business development, developing proposals and sales-pitch documents
- Experience in the education sector is strongly preferred.
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Must be able to work independently and manage effectively as a member of a team with all levels of employees.
- Must have high-level organizational and planning skills to develop, prioritize and execute tasks and assignments.
- Membership in Public speaking forums like Toastmaster and Debate clubs will be given special weightage
- Must be savvy with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint), CRM tools and Google applications.
Sales Team Lead/Assistant Manager - Sales
B.Tech/B.E., M.Tech./M.E., MBA
2 - 5 Years
5.5 - 7 LPA