Scrum for Scrum Masters
Whether you are a team member looking to be promoted or a supervisor wanting to acquire a new skillset, this online course will help you learn the tools of the trade to become a highly respected Scrum Master, and advance your Agile project management career.
The Scrum Master is a highly sought after position in many industries including software development, marketing, education and design. Scrum Masters are valued leaders responsible for driving team performance by removing obstacles, facilitating meetings and improving communication.
- Understand the roles of Scrum Master, Product Owner, and Scrum Team.
- Know the steps in planning and executing an Agile/Scrum project.
- Understand the organizational impact of using Agile/Scrum for project management.
- Recognize the differences between Sequential, Concurrent, and Agile project management and know when to use each approach.
- Understand how to use the Agile/Scrum tools of Story Cards, Product Backlog, Scrum Boards,and Burn-down Charts.
- Refers to the Project Management Institute's Agile Certified Practitioner Handbook.
- Earn 18.5 contact hours or PDUs toward your project management education for certification with PMI.
Type of Certification
Format of Certification
As a PMI Registered Education Provider (R.E.P.), GoSkills has agreed to abide by PMI established quality assurance criteria.
Method of Obtaining Certification
Ray Sheen - Project Management Instructor & Author
Ray is a certified Project Management Professional (PMP) with the Project Management Institute and a certified Scrum Master with Scrum Alliance. He is a member of the Project Management Institute and the Product Development Management Association.
He is president and founder of Product & Process Innovation, Inc. and is a veteran business leader with over 25 years of executive, project management, and engineering management experience. Ray has worked in several industries including aerospace, electrical distribution and utilities, biotechnology, appliances, electronics, machining, medical devices, pharmaceutical, automotive, and financial services. He has held executive management positions in a Fortune 500 company and has been involved in entrepreneurial startup organizations.
Ray has spoken at regional symposiums of the Project Management Institute, corporate programs for project management instruction, and provided expert witness testimony on several lawsuits involving project management and weapon system production on government programs.
Ray provides training and consulting in all aspects of Project Management, Product Development, Innovation Management, Strategy Formulation, Process Design & Setup, Design for Manufacturability, Poka Yoke, Lean Manufacturing, Product Line Strategy and Finance for Engineers through universities such as Worcester Polytechnic Institute, Clemson University, and the University of Winnipeg.
He is also an instructor at the China Institute for Innovation. His recent consulting clients include General Electric, Medtronic, Covidien, Tyco, Johnson & Johnson, Dominion Power, NSTAR, American Superconductor, Draexlmaier, Kaman Aerospace, Endologix, Nypro, and Instrumentation Laboratory.