Quality Management System (QMS) Fundamentals is a course that introduces ISO 9001:2008 concepts and requirements. It is designed to provide learners with an awareness of the quality concepts such as quality, process approach, and quality management principles. It also covers the basic controls needed for a quality management system in easy-to-understand language. This course can be used to familiarize you with QMS concepts and principles, for orientating employees, to promote quality awareness or as a precursor to more advanced study.
Students will be assigned 5 homework assignments, and 1 final exam.
- How to describe basic quality system definitions
- How to apply the 8 quality management principles
- How to describe the process approach
- How to apply the ISO 9001:2008 requirements
No prior coursework or experience is required.
Type of Certification
Format of Certification
Method of Obtaining Certification
- Principle 1 – Customer focus
- Principle 2 – Leadership
- Principle 3 – Involvement of people
- Principle 4 – Process approach
- Principle 5 – System approach to management
- Principle 6 – Continual improvement
- Principle 7 – Factual approach to decision making
- Principle 8 – Mutually beneficial supplier relationships