Have a job that makes a difference! There are certain skills you need to become a successful political scientist. The ICI Political Science Program helps you learn them quickly and conveniently. Details ICI courses allow you to study at your own pace with no assignment deadlines. This means that you determine the pace of the course and within which time period you will ultimately complete your studies in. Completing your course with ICI is flexible as you can fast-track and graduate in a matter of months. You complete activities and submit assignments whenever you are ready. The maximum time given to complete a program is three years. This entire course is carried out via Distance Learning (also known as correspondence learning). Distance learning is ideal if you need to adapt around work, family, or other commitments.... Read More »
Have a job that makes a difference! There are certain skills you need to become a successful political scientist. The ICI Political Science Program helps you learn them quickly and conveniently.
ICI courses allow you to study at your own pace with no assignment deadlines. This means that you determine the pace of the course and within which time period you will ultimately complete your studies in.
- Completing your course with ICI is flexible as you can fast-track and graduate in a matter of months. You complete activities and submit assignments whenever you are ready.
- The maximum time given to complete a program is three years.
This entire course is carried out via Distance Learning (also known as correspondence learning). Distance learning is ideal if you need to adapt around work, family, or other commitments. It is also extremely beneficial should you simply wish to fast track your studies (and career) and not be locked into a timetable. Our course content and learning experience ensure that your course is relevant and interesting. Learning, tutorial assistance and assessments take place whenever and wherever you are in the country or world. It takes place at your own pace on your own terms to fit your lifestyle. As an ICI student, you’ll never endure a pop quiz, spend countless hours and hundreds of dollars travelling, and never be late with an assignment or for class.
Enrolments statistics reveal that students from the following categories are currently taking advantage of the distance learning experience at ICI:
- Government, business & industry employers 32%
- High school leavers 20%
- Individuals looking to start a business or change career paths 18%
- Individuals already in the industry looking to formalise and/or update knowledge and seek a promotion 11%
- Military personal 11%
- Stay at home mothers 8%
What is Included
All materials essential for course completion are included in the cost of the course fee. Upon enrolment, students receive:
- All required study materials and course notes
- Practical assignment projects with constructive tutor feedback
- Industry based tutor who will service all of your course and career questions and guidance needs
- Student ID card giving students access to thousands of discounts both at home and overseas!
On successful completion of the course you will receive:
- A graduation certificate officially recognizing your successful completion of studies and qualifications
- Transcripts indicating units completed
- Letter of recommendation and validation for current and future employers
- Post-nominal letters placed after your name which indicate that you hold the relevant qualification. For example: John Smith, DipIEMgt
- Job search assistance: Graduate Career Services Program
This course provides the learner with a Diploma. This qualification recognises the graduates capacity for initiative and judgment across a broad range of technical and management functions. Diploma holders typically have personal responsibility and autonomy (semi-independence) in performing technical operations or organising others in the workplace.
There are many benefits to this program including the following:
- Fast track your career in politics and the public service
- Learn the inside secrets of how to become a political science pro in months not years!
- Study a political science course that was designed in conjunction with political science experts
- Free up valuable time, don’t waste time and money travelling to classes
- Study at your own pace whenever and wherever you are
- Have access to a tutor who works in the industry you are training for
Recognition & Accreditation
This course is recognised and accredited by the International Association of Private Career Colleges (IAPCC). The courses offered by ICI are unique as they take a very “hands on” approach. Our courses are not designed to teach you just the “theory” behind the industry – they are written and tutored by industry professionals and will fast-track you into a new career of your choice. Various government departments and businesses have enrolled their own staff with ICI for further training and development and is a strong indicator of acceptance and recognition by employers and industry.
Imagine having a job where you can influence politics, work for issues you believe in, and help people across the country or even the world. Your role in the world of politics will be exciting as well as important, with many benefits including the opportunity to travel and work with the most powerful people in your country. Course authors will share insider experience and advice to assist you launching your own career in the world of politics and public affairs. It is sometimes thought that students only do politics to enter politics and become a politician. While training in political science will help if this is your career goal, political scientists have a much wider range of exciting and rewarding career opportunities in:
- all parts of government including legislative, executive and judicial branches at the local, state and national levels and internationally
- large and medium size businesses, lobbying, technology, law, consulting, services and communications
- all non-profit and community organisation.
Format of Certification
Method of Obtaining Certification
- Public international law, which involves for instance the United Nations, maritime law, international criminal law and the Geneva conventions.
- Private international law or conflict of laws, which addresses the question of which legal jurisdiction cases may be heard in.
- Supranational law or the law of supranational organizations, which concerns at present regional agreements where the special distinguishing quality is that laws of nation states are held inapplicable when conflicting with a supranational legal system.
- The role of parties in politics
- Political parties today
- The History of political parties
- The legislative branch
- The executive branch
There are NO previous work or education requirements for entry into any course level.