The field of Nursing & Patient Care Assisting is a rewarding career for those who wish to work in profession that gives back to those who need it most. Details ICI courses allow you to study at your own pace with no assignment deadlines. This means that you determine the pace of the course and within which time period you will ultimately complete your studies in. Completing your course with ICI is flexible as you can fast-track and graduate in a matter of months. You complete activities and submit assignments whenever you are ready. The maximum time given to complete a program is three years. This entire course is carried out via Distance Learning (also known as correspondence learning). Distance learning is ideal if you need to adapt around work, family, or other commitments. It is also extremely beneficial should... Read More »
The field of Nursing & Patient Care Assisting is a rewarding career for those who wish to work in profession that gives back to those who need it most.
ICI courses allow you to study at your own pace with no assignment deadlines. This means that you determine the pace of the course and within which time period you will ultimately complete your studies in.
- Completing your course with ICI is flexible as you can fast-track and graduate in a matter of months. You complete activities and submit assignments whenever you are ready.
- The maximum time given to complete a program is three years.
This entire course is carried out via Distance Learning (also known as correspondence learning). Distance learning is ideal if you need to adapt around work, family, or other commitments. It is also extremely beneficial should you simply wish to fast track your studies (and career) and not be locked into a timetable. Our course content and learning experience ensure that your course is relevant and interesting. Learning, tutorial assistance and assessments take place whenever and wherever you are in the country or world. It takes place at your own pace on your own terms to fit your lifestyle. As an ICI student, you’ll never endure a pop quiz, spend countless hours and hundreds of dollars travelling, and never be late with an assignment or for class.
Enrolments statistics reveal that students from the following categories are currently taking advantage of the distance learning experience at ICI:
- Government, business & industry employers 32%
- High school leavers 20%
- Individuals looking to start a business or change career paths 18%
- Individuals already in the industry looking to formalise and/or update knowledge and seek a promotion 11%
- Military personal 11%
- Stay at home mothers 8%
What is Included
All materials essential for course completion are included in the cost of the course fee. Upon enrolment, students receive:
- All required study materials and course notes
- Practical assignment projects with constructive tutor feedback
- Industry based tutor who will service all of your course and career questions and guidance needs
- Student ID card giving students access to thousands of discounts both at home and overseas!
On successful completion of the course you will receive:
- A graduation certificate officially recognizing your successful completion of studies and qualifications
- Transcripts indicating units completed
- Letter of recommendation and validation for current and future employers
- Post-nominal letters placed after your name which indicate that you hold the relevant qualification. For example: John Smith, DipIEMgt
- Job search assistance: Graduate Career Services Program
This course provides the learner with a Diploma. This qualification recognises the graduates capacity for initiative and judgment across a broad range of technical and management functions. Diploma holders typically have personal responsibility and autonomy (semi-independence) in performing technical operations or organising others in the workplace.
There are many benefits to this program including the following:
- Fast track your career in nursing and patient care assisting
- Quickly develop skills in months not years!
- Study a nursing assistant course that was designed in conjunction with senior professionals in the profession
- Free up valuable time, don’t waste time and money travelling to classes
- Study at your own pace whenever and wherever you are
- Have access to a tutor who will provide prompt and encouraging support
Recognition & Accreditation
This course is recognised and accredited by the International Association of Private Career Colleges (IAPCC). The courses offered by ICI are unique as they take a very “hands on” approach. Our courses are not designed to teach you just the “theory” behind the industry – they are written and tutored by industry professionals and will fast-track you into a new career of your choice. Various government departments and businesses have enrolled their own staff with ICI for further training and development and is a strong indicator of acceptance and recognition by employers and industry.
A career in nursing and patient care assisting can be extremely rewarding. Job titles graduates in this career are typically known as:
- Health Care Aide
- Nursing Assistant
- Patient Care Assistant
A nursing assistant / patient care assistant helps to provide compassionate care to individuals who are not able to fully care for themselves. A health care aide should have:
- caring personality
- a desire to help people, and
- be in good physical condition.
Learning more about becoming a nursing assistant could lead to jobs with:
- Residential care facilities
- Home carers
- Group homes
- Home healthcare services
- Nursing homes
Under the direction and supervision of nurses and patient support services managers, nursing and patient care assistants will undertake a range of duties which support clinical care. These include cleaning, catering and traditional orderly duties, for example, patient movement and transporting patients to appointments and procedures within a hospital or aged care facility. With experience and further training, nursing & patient care assistants can become enrolled nurses or registered nurses.Read Less
Format of Certification
Method of Obtaining Certification
- Defining health and wellness
- Determinants of health
- Illness behaviour and the sick role
- Health promotion
- Defining rehabilitation
- The multidisciplinary team
- Rehabilitation nursing practice
- Defining community nursing
- Roles of the community nurse
- The family in community health
- Traditional services
- Other community support services
- Medical Definitions, Prefixes & Glossary
- Abbreviations & Acronyms
- Using Medical Terminology
- Human Systems & Anatomical Divisions
- Monitor & Review
- Accessing Records
- Maintenance of Records
- Occupational Health & Safety
- Codes of Conduct
- Confidentiality & Privacy
- Security Procedures
There are NO previous work or education requirements for entry into any course level.