Network Testing and Fault-Finding
This PTT online course explains the benefits and methods of following a structured approach to fault-finding, and describes the role of the various tests employed on Ethernet/IP networks and their use in fault finding and measuring network performance.
This course by PTT begins by describing the role of testing when installing, commissioning and fault-finding a data communications network. The role of service level agreements are described and the various key performance indicators explained. The causes and effects of the various factors that influence the achievable data transfer rate over a network are described. The benefits and ways of following a structured approach to fault finding are described. The course also introduces the role and capabilities of various software utilities and test equipment that measure network performance and aid fault-finding.
- Describe the role of testing in installing, commissioning and fault-finding a network
- Define the various key performance indicators that together express the performance of a communications network
- Describe the role of a service level agreement with reference to quality of service indicators
- Describe the causes of frame loss, delay and jitter and their effects on multimedia services such as video streaming, telephony and video conferencing
- Describe the various factors that influence the achievable data transfer rate over a network
- Explain the effect of the TCP protocol on throughput with reference to the TCP window size
- Describe the benefits of a structured approach to fault-finding and the roles of information gathering, analysis, and testing hypotheses
- Explain that testing at the different protocol layers in a certain sequence can assist in isolating a fault, giving examples of such an approach
- Describe the role of various software utilities in taking a structured approach to fault-finding, giving examples of their use
- Describe the use of protocol analysers to monitor and analyse network traffic
- Describe and compare the role of the various standards applicable to the measurement of network performance
- Describe the use of specialised test equipment to assess the performance of, and find faults in, a network
Type of Certification
Format of Certification
Method of Obtaining Certification
There are two versions of this course, one designed for access on a PC or laptop, the other designed for access on a tablet.
This version requires a PC or laptop running a browser such as Internet Explorer 6 or above, Firefox 2 or above, Google Chrome or Safari is required. The PC should have Internet access and be running Flash version 8 or above. A screen resolution of at least 1024x768 is necessary.
This version of the course is designed for study on a tablet through the learntelecoms™ App which is available for Apple® iPad® and for Android™.
- learntelecoms App for Android: 7in tablet or larger with ARMv7 processor running Android 2.3 or higher
- learntelecoms App for iPad running iOS 6.1 or higher