Would you like to know how to become a nanny? Take our Professional Nanny course as stepping stone rewarding work in the home based childcare industry. Details ICI courses allow you to study at your own pace with no assignment deadlines. This means that you determine the pace of the course and within which time period you will ultimately complete your studies in. Completing your course with ICI is flexible as you can fast-track and graduate in a matter of months. You complete activities and submit assignments whenever you are ready. The maximum time given to complete a program is three years. This entire course is carried out via Distance Learning (also known as correspondence learning). Distance learning is ideal if you need to adapt around work, family, or other commitments. It is also extremely beneficial should you... Read More »
Would you like to know how to become a nanny? Take our Professional Nanny course as stepping stone rewarding work in the home based childcare industry.
ICI courses allow you to study at your own pace with no assignment deadlines. This means that you determine the pace of the course and within which time period you will ultimately complete your studies in.
- Completing your course with ICI is flexible as you can fast-track and graduate in a matter of months. You complete activities and submit assignments whenever you are ready.
- The maximum time given to complete a program is three years.
This entire course is carried out via Distance Learning (also known as correspondence learning). Distance learning is ideal if you need to adapt around work, family, or other commitments. It is also extremely beneficial should you simply wish to fast track your studies (and career) and not be locked into a timetable. Our course content and learning experience ensure that your course is relevant and interesting. Learning, tutorial assistance and assessments take place whenever and wherever you are in the country or world. It takes place at your own pace on your own terms to fit your lifestyle. As an ICI student, you’ll never endure a pop quiz, spend countless hours and hundreds of dollars travelling, and never be late with an assignment or for class.
Enrolments statistics reveal that students from the following categories are currently taking advantage of the distance learning experience at ICI:
- Government, business & industry employers 32%
- High school leavers 20%
- Individuals looking to start a business or change career paths 18%
- Individuals already in the industry looking to formalise and/or update knowledge and seek a promotion 11%
- Military personal 11%
- Stay at home mothers 8%
What is Included
All materials essential for course completion are included in the cost of the course fee. Upon enrolment, students receive:
- All required study materials and course notes
- Practical assignment projects with constructive tutor feedback
- Industry based tutor who will service all of your course and career questions and guidance needs
- Student ID card giving students access to thousands of discounts both at home and overseas!
On successful completion of the course you will receive:
- A graduation certificate officially recognizing your successful completion of studies and qualifications
- Transcripts indicating units completed
- Letter of recommendation and validation for current and future employers
- Post-nominal letters placed after your name which indicate that you hold the relevant qualification. For example: John Smith, DipIEMgt
- Job search assistance: Graduate Career Services Program
This course provides the learner with a Diploma. This qualification recognises the graduates capacity for initiative and judgment across a broad range of technical and management functions. Diploma holders typically have personal responsibility and autonomy (semi-independence) in performing technical operations or organising others in the workplace.
There are many benefits to this program including the following:
- Fast track your career as a professional nanny
- Quickly develop skills in months not years!
- Study a nanny course that was designed in conjunction with senior professionals in the childcare industry
- Free up valuable time, don’t waste time and money travelling to classes
- Study at your own pace whenever and wherever you are
- Have access to a tutor who will provide prompt and encouraging support
Recognition & Accreditation
This course is recognised and accredited by the International Association of Private Career Colleges (IAPCC). The courses offered by ICI are unique as they take a very “hands on” approach. Our courses are not designed to teach you just the “theory” behind the industry – they are written and tutored by industry professionals and will fast-track you into a new career of your choice. Various government departments and businesses have enrolled their own staff with ICI for further training and development and is a strong indicator of acceptance and recognition by employers and industry.
Employment in this very large occupation rose strongly in the past five years and is forecast to grow strongly in the long-term. Nannies care for children as employees or contractors in private households. Employment can be sought in almost any location nationwide. International work opportunities for professional nannies exist in such countries as the UK, USA and France.
Nannies will typically carry out the following tasks:
- care for babies or young children by feeding, washing and dressing them and by supervising their play and learning activities
- plan creative play and learning activities and organise meal and sleep times
- develop and/or maintain appropriate routines
- safeguard children against potential dangers and hazards (swimming pools, kitchen utensils, poisons and stairs)
- take children to school, kindergarten and other activities
- plan and prepare nutritious snacks and meals for children
- arrange and supervise outings
Good personal attributes to have if want to work in this profession include:
- an interest in children
- patience, maturity and a willingness to accept responsibility
- organisation skills
- ability to work unsupervised
- communication skills.
Do you enjoy working with children? Do you like playing games and making up fun activities? Then this is a profession you will excel at.Read Less
Format of Certification
Method of Obtaining Certification
- What is child abuse?
- Protecting the child
- Report indications of possible risk of harm
- Apply ethical and nurturing practices in working with children
- Maintain a clean and hygienic environment
- Recognise and respond to signs of potential illness
- Provide a safe environment
- Supervise the safety of children
- Travel with children safely
- Administer medication within guidelines
- Manage and respond to allergy / anaphylaxis
- Provide physical care
- Create opportunities for children to develop their understanding of physical needs
- Establish an environment that encourages children to complete tasks themselves
- Respond to the emotional needs of children
- Childhood nutrition
- Encouraging healthy eating
- Planning nutritious menus
- Safe food handling
- Support the physical development of children
- Support the social development of children
- Support the emotional and psychological development of children of the same age
- Support the language, creative & cognitive development of children
- Communicate positively with children on an ongoing basis
- Promote positive behaviour
- Collaborate with children about their interests
- Support children in learning about the decision-making process
- Children’s play and leisure
- Developmentally appropriate play activities
- Facilitate children’s play and leisure
- Gather information about the child through observation
- Gather information about the child from secondary sources
- Record observation of interests and needs appropriately
- Use observations and information gathered to understand the child and contribute to program planning
There are NO previous work or education requirements for entry into any course level.