This online course will help you learn tips and tricks for managing pictures that are added to your print, for working with text and adding shapes to enhance your publication. It will also provide you with a good overview on working with existing pre-made templates, creating your own templates and using the tools within the ribbon.
MS Publisher is “desktop publishing software” used to create professional flyers, newsletters, and brochures for print, mail, or mail-merges. Publisher shines in the ease of picture placement and text wrapping.
Video tutorials are recorded in Microsoft Publisher 2016 for PC.
- Learn to work with pre-made templates that can be easily customized.
- Review the parts of a pre-made template to help when building your own template.
- Set up headers and footers that are consistent across the publication.
- Office management tips for adding pictures, text and shapes to your publication.
- Use mail merge to personalize every single publication to the individual recipient.
- Learn shortcut tips that will expedite your design time.
Type of Certification
Format of Certification
Method of Obtaining Certification
Andy Lanning - Certified MS Office Specialist
Andy has 20 years of experience in the computer industry and has been training individuals and groups since 1996. As a self professed computer 'nerd', Andy believes in using computer programs like Word to maximize efficiency and solve common workflow issues.
Andy is a Certified Microsoft Office Specialist. She is proficient in Microsoft programs including Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Publisher.
Andy has taught computer VoTech classes at Boise State University and College of Western Idaho, and owns a computer consulting business.