Disclaimer: Course content and offerings are subject to change without notice. Any promises and/or guarantees made by betterU Partners and their instructors are not binding on the betterU Marketplace.
This course introduces you to World History by exploring the evolution of societies and civilizations from the dawn of mankind up to 1500 Common Era (CE). We start by discussing man’s ancient ancestors, the formation of complex societies, and the rise of Mediterranean culture. We then move on to discuss the rise and fall of the major societies in Europe, Asia, the Middle East, and India. The course concludes with a discussion of the European Renaissance, pre-Columbian America, and the impact that transatlantic exploration had on the world.
After completing this course, you should be able to:
- Define how human beings evolved to form complex societies
- Differentiate between the ancient cultures of Africa, Europe, Asia, and the Americas
- Identify how conquest, religion, and innovation led to social change during the Common Era
- Recall the impact global epidemics had on the world, and how we recovered from it
- Recognize how terrestrial and oceanic exploration impacted cultural evolution
|Course Length||135 hours/4 Months (120 Days)|
|Course Code||HST 101|
|Number of Credits||3|
There is no extra cost for textbooks or materials. All materials are included with this course.
Ed4Credit courses go through an intensive quality review process by ACE CREDIT® prior to being available to students. ACE CREDIT has evaluated and recommended this Ed4Credit course for college credit. Once you have completed an Ed4Credit course, you are eligible to receive an ACE Transcript for credit transfer purposes.
Almost 2,000 colleges and universities consider ACE CREDIT recommendations in determining the applicability to their schools’ course and degree programs. The ACE CREDIT® logo is a registered trademark of the American Council on Education and cannot be used or reproduced without the express written consent of the American Council on Education. Used with permission.
Ed4Online has partnered with ProctorU!
ProctorU is a live online proctoring service that allows exam takers to complete their certification exams at home.
This partnership allows us to maintain the professionalism and integrity that we desire within the exam taking process.
You can take your proctored exam online from anywhere using a webcam and a high speed internet connection.
Here are some things to keep in mind as you prepare to take your exam…
- You will need to create a FREE PROCTORU ACCOUNT and schedule an exam
- Exams need to be scheduled 3 days in advance!
- You will need a webcam, speakers and a microphone for the exam.