The field of Graphics Design & Desktop Publishing is a fascinating area to study. Details ICI courses allow you to study at your own pace with no assignment deadlines. This means that you determine the pace of the course and within which time period you will ultimately complete your studies in. Completing your course with ICI is flexible as you can fast-track and graduate in a matter of months. You complete activities and submit assignments whenever you are ready. The maximum time given to complete a program is three years. This entire course is carried out via Distance Learning (also known as correspondence learning). Distance learning is ideal if you need to adapt around work, family, or other commitments. It is also extremely beneficial should you simply wish to fast track your studies (and career) and not be lo... Read More »
The field of Graphics Design & Desktop Publishing is a fascinating area to study.
ICI courses allow you to study at your own pace with no assignment deadlines. This means that you determine the pace of the course and within which time period you will ultimately complete your studies in.
- Completing your course with ICI is flexible as you can fast-track and graduate in a matter of months. You complete activities and submit assignments whenever you are ready.
- The maximum time given to complete a program is three years.
This entire course is carried out via Distance Learning (also known as correspondence learning). Distance learning is ideal if you need to adapt around work, family, or other commitments. It is also extremely beneficial should you simply wish to fast track your studies (and career) and not be locked into a timetable. Our course content and learning experience ensure that your course is relevant and interesting. Learning, tutorial assistance and assessments take place whenever and wherever you are in the country or world. It takes place at your own pace on your own terms to fit your lifestyle. As an ICI student, you’ll never endure a pop quiz, spend countless hours and hundreds of dollars travelling, and never be late with an assignment or for class.
Enrolments statistics reveal that students from the following categories are currently taking advantage of the distance learning experience at ICI:
- Government, business & industry employers 32%
- High school leavers 20%
- Individuals looking to start a business or change career paths 18%
- Individuals already in the industry looking to formalise and/or update knowledge and seek a promotion 11%
- Military personal 11%
- Stay at home mothers 8%
What is Included
All materials essential for course completion are included in the cost of the course fee. Upon enrolment, students receive:
- All required study materials and course notes
- Practical assignment projects with constructive tutor feedback
- Industry based tutor who will service all of your course and career questions and guidance needs
- Student ID card giving students access to thousands of discounts both at home and overseas!
On successful completion of the course you will receive:
- A graduation certificate officially recognizing your successful completion of studies and qualifications
- Transcripts indicating units completed
- Letter of recommendation and validation for current and future employers
- Post-nominal letters placed after your name which indicate that you hold the relevant qualification. For example: John Smith, DipIEMgt
- Job search assistance: Graduate Career Services Program
This course provides the learner with a Diploma. This qualification recognises the graduates capacity for initiative and judgment across a broad range of technical and management functions. Diploma holders typically have personal responsibility and autonomy (semi-independence) in performing technical operations or organising others in the workplace.
There are many benefits to this program including the following:
- Fast track your career in various graphics design and desktop publishing related professions
- Quickly develop skills in months not years!
- Study a graphics design and desktop publishing course that was designed in conjunction with senior professionals in the graphics industry
- Free up valuable time, don’t waste time and money travelling to classes
- Study at your own pace whenever and wherever you are
- Have access to a tutor who will provide prompt and encouraging support
Recognition & Accreditation
This course is recognised and accredited by the International Association of Private Career Colleges (IAPCC). The courses offered by ICI are unique as they take a very “hands on” approach. Our courses are not designed to teach you just the “theory” behind the industry – they are written and tutored by industry professionals and will fast-track you into a new career of your choice. Various government departments and businesses have enrolled their own staff with ICI for further training and development and is a strong indicator of acceptance and recognition by employers and industry.
The Graphics Design & Desktop Publishing industry can be a rewarding and challenging creative experience which is fulfilling and satisfying.
Career opportunities includes:
- Graphic Designer
- Desktop Publisher
- Freelance Graphic Designer
A huge amount of growth is currently occurring in the freelance sector of the graphics and desktop publishing industry. Many designers work as independent self employed contractors. Work within the in-house print and digital design houses is also abundant. Strong continued employment prospects are forecast for the industry particularly so for digital medium based work.
- Creative and imaginative
- Understanding of colour and form
- Able to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Good communication skills
- Enjoy working with computers
- Artistic ability for drawing, design and layout
- Creativity, imagination and versatility.
Format of Certification
Method of Obtaining Certification
- Colour Theory
- History of computer graphics
- Introduction to Postscript
- Bit Depth and File Size
- Computer Hardware
- graphics Software
- File Formats
- Setting Up a Studio
- Choosing the Right Tools
- Graphics Tablet
- Choosing a Scanner
- Scan Basics
- Descreen & Black/white Point
- Digital Camera Basics
- Royalty-Free Photography
- Printer Troubleshooting
- Remote Printing
- Linking and Embedding
- Digital Print
- Portable Document Format
- Bezier Curves
- Objects and Grouping
- Vector Basics
- Bitmap Basics
- Selections and Masks
- Pixel Painting
- Rasterising and Clipping Paths
- Photographic Manipulation
- Combining Pixel with Paths
- Perspective and Shadows
- Getting Creative
- Text as a Graphics
- What is Design?
- Professional Habits
- Branding Typefaces and Fonts
- Serif and Sanserif
- Typographic Rules
- Page Layout
- The Brief
- Grads and Margins
- Master Pages
- Paragraphs and Text Styles
- Graphics with Text
- Order of Layout Pages
- Copy fitting
- Web Graphics
- Internet File Formats
- Webpage Layout
- Web Design Software
- Cascading Style Sheets
- Marketing and Advertising
- The Designers Responsibility
- Internet Marketing
- Brand Advertising
- Search Engines
- Target Marketing
There are NO previous work or education requirements for entry into any course level.