The Finance for Operations Managers course builds on the 16 lessons from the Finance for Non-Financial Professionals course with an additional 19 lessons focused on Operations Managers.
This online course will help you understand how your decisions can improve efficiency, drive successful projects, and impact the financial performance of the business.
- Understand the fundamental financial concepts in business and their uses.
- Interpret data on financial reports and how these reports impact each other.
- Understand how budgets and estimates are used to plan and control costs.
- Utilize ratios and measures to gain insight into profitability and performance.
- Analyze cost behavior, track operational expenses, report on cost variance and forecast expenses.
- Delve into operations finance principles: product cost, inventory cost management, make versus buy.
- Earn 14 contact hours or PDUs toward your project management education for certification with PMI.
Type of Certification
Format of Certification
Method of Obtaining Certification
Ray Sheen - Project Management Instructor & Author
Ray is a certified Project Management Professional (PMP) with the Project Management Institute and a certified Scrum Master with Scrum Alliance. He is a member of the Project Management Institute and the Product Development Management Association.
He is president and founder of Product & Process Innovation, Inc. and is a veteran business leader with over 25 years of executive, project management, and engineering management experience. Ray has worked in several industries including aerospace, electrical distribution and utilities, biotechnology, appliances, electronics, machining, medical devices, pharmaceutical, automotive, and financial services. He has held executive management positions in a Fortune 500 company and has been involved in entrepreneurial startup organizations.
Ray has spoken at regional symposiums of the Project Management Institute, corporate programs for project management instruction, and provided expert witness testimony on several lawsuits involving project management and weapon system production on government programs.
Ray provides training and consulting in all aspects of Project Management, Product Development, Innovation Management, Strategy Formulation, Process Design & Setup, Design for Manufacturability, Poka Yoke, Lean Manufacturing, Product Line Strategy and Finance for Engineers through universities such as Worcester Polytechnic Institute, Clemson University, and the University of Winnipeg.
He is also an instructor at the China Institute for Innovation. His recent consulting clients include General Electric, Medtronic, Covidien, Tyco, Johnson & Johnson, Dominion Power, NSTAR, American Superconductor, Draexlmaier, Kaman Aerospace, Endologix, Nypro, and Instrumentation Laboratory.