Even if your role isn’t finance-specific, you’ll benefit from strengthening your grasp of financial principles with this course. Whether learning how to craft financial reports or developing a business case, you’ll better understand the numbers driving your company’s performance and dramatically improve your professional decision-making process.
- Solidify your grasp of finance fundamentals: amount, timing, revenues & profits.
- Interpret data on financial reports and how these reports impact each other.
- Identify the different categories of cost accounts for budgeting and tracking spending.
- Formulate strong estimates, and determine when to capitalize and depreciate an asset.
- Utilize ratios and measures to gain insight into profitability and performance.
- Develop a business case to provide rationale for why a project should be undertaken.
- Understand cost behavior and cost variance reporting.
- Earn 8 contact hours or PDUs toward your project management education for certification with PMI.
Type of Certification
Format of Certification
Method of Obtaining Certification
Ray Sheen - Project Management Instructor & Author
Ray is a certified Project Management Professional (PMP) with the Project Management Institute and a certified Scrum Master with Scrum Alliance. He is a member of the Project Management Institute and the Product Development Management Association.
He is president and founder of Product & Process Innovation, Inc. and is a veteran business leader with over 25 years of executive, project management, and engineering management experience. Ray has worked in several industries including aerospace, electrical distribution and utilities, biotechnology, appliances, electronics, machining, medical devices, pharmaceutical, automotive, and financial services. He has held executive management positions in a Fortune 500 company and has been involved in entrepreneurial startup organizations.
Ray has spoken at regional symposiums of the Project Management Institute, corporate programs for project management instruction, and provided expert witness testimony on several lawsuits involving project management and weapon system production on government programs.
Ray provides training and consulting in all aspects of Project Management, Product Development, Innovation Management, Strategy Formulation, Process Design & Setup, Design for Manufacturability, Poka Yoke, Lean Manufacturing, Product Line Strategy and Finance for Engineers through universities such as Worcester Polytechnic Institute, Clemson University, and the University of Winnipeg.
He is also an instructor at the China Institute for Innovation. His recent consulting clients include General Electric, Medtronic, Covidien, Tyco, Johnson & Johnson, Dominion Power, NSTAR, American Superconductor, Draexlmaier, Kaman Aerospace, Endologix, Nypro, and Instrumentation Laboratory.