The ICI executive secretarial and personal assistant course has been designed in conjunction with industry representatives and helps you learn the skills you need to succeed quickly and conveniently. Details ICI courses allow you to study at your own pace with no assignment deadlines. This means that you determine the pace of the course and within which time period you will ultimately complete your studies in. Completing your course with ICI is flexible as you can fast-track and graduate in a matter of months. You complete activities and submit assignments whenever you are ready. The maximum time given to complete a program is three years. This entire course is carried out via Distance Learning (also known as correspondence learning). Distance learning is ideal if you need to adapt around work, family, or other commitm... Read More »
The ICI executive secretarial and personal assistant course has been designed in conjunction with industry representatives and helps you learn the skills you need to succeed quickly and conveniently.
ICI courses allow you to study at your own pace with no assignment deadlines. This means that you determine the pace of the course and within which time period you will ultimately complete your studies in.
- Completing your course with ICI is flexible as you can fast-track and graduate in a matter of months. You complete activities and submit assignments whenever you are ready.
- The maximum time given to complete a program is three years.
This entire course is carried out via Distance Learning (also known as correspondence learning). Distance learning is ideal if you need to adapt around work, family, or other commitments. It is also extremely beneficial should you simply wish to fast track your studies (and career) and not be locked into a timetable. Our course content and learning experience ensure that your course is relevant and interesting. Learning, tutorial assistance and assessments take place whenever and wherever you are in the country or world. It takes place at your own pace on your own terms to fit your lifestyle. As an ICI student, you’ll never endure a pop quiz, spend countless hours and hundreds of dollars travelling, and never be late with an assignment or for class.
Enrolments statistics reveal that students from the following categories are currently taking advantage of the distance learning experience at ICI:
- Government, business & industry employers 32%
- High school leavers 20%
- Individuals looking to start a business or change career paths 18%
- Individuals already in the industry looking to formalise and/or update knowledge and seek a promotion 11%
- Military personal 11%
- Stay at home mothers 8%
What is Included
All materials essential for course completion are included in the cost of the course fee. Upon enrolment, students receive:
- All required study materials and course notes
- Practical assignment projects with constructive tutor feedback
- Industry based tutor who will service all of your course and career questions and guidance needs
- Student ID card giving students access to thousands of discounts both at home and overseas!
On successful completion of the course you will receive:
- A graduation certificate officially recognizing your successful completion of studies and qualifications
- Transcripts indicating units completed
- Letter of recommendation and validation for current and future employers
- Post-nominal letters placed after your name which indicate that you hold the relevant qualification. For example: John Smith, DipIEMgt
- Job search assistance: Graduate Career Services Program
This course provides the learner with a Diploma. This qualification recognises the graduates capacity for initiative and judgment across a broad range of technical and management functions. Diploma holders typically have personal responsibility and autonomy (semi-independence) in performing technical operations or organising others in the workplace.
There are many benefits to this program including the following:
- Fast track your career as a executive secretary or personal assistant (PA)
- Learn the inside secrets of how to become a executive secretary or PA pro in months not years!
- Study a executive secretary course that was designed in conjunction with leading industry leaders
- Free up valuable time, don’t waste time and money travelling to classes
- Study at your own pace whenever and wherever you are
- Have access to a tutor who works in the industry you are training for
Recognition & Accreditation
This course is recognised and accredited by the International Association of Private Career Colleges (IAPCC). The courses offered by ICI are unique as they take a very “hands on” approach. Our courses are not designed to teach you just the “theory” behind the industry – they are written and tutored by industry professionals and will fast-track you into a new career of your choice. Various government departments and businesses have enrolled their own staff with ICI for further training and development and is a strong indicator of acceptance and recognition by employers and industry.
An executive secretary or personal assistant is an integral part of a management team, and we find that many of our graduates move into management roles in the years after they leave the institute. Your training will prepare you for roles in small or large organizations in all industry sectors. It is the variety of opportunity and wealth of available positions that makes these programs so popular. Areas where recent graduates have been employed include:
- Advertising, marketing and public relations
- Banking and finance
- Fashion and retail
- Finance and insurance
- Travel, hotels and leisure
- Sporting organisations
- Medical Centres
- Real Estate
This extensive training course will equip you with the skills and qualifications to gain employment in a variety of positions including:
- Personal Assistant
- Executive Assistant
- Executive Secretary
- Administration Assistant
- Office Manager & Bookkeeping Assistant.
Format of Certification
Method of Obtaining Certification
- Plan project administration
- Coordinate project administration
- Finalise and review project administration
- Identify and source information needs
- Collect, analyse and report information
- Implement information systems
- Prepare for information system changes
- Plan and write letters and documents
- Draft text
- Prepare final text
- Produce document
- Workplace safety and ergonomics
- Body language
- Building self confidence
- Personal qualities to develop
- Telephone skills, gaining information and closing calls
- Managing Your Documents
- Using Formatting Tools
- Using Time Saving Tools
- Prepare & develop spreadsheet
- Working with Functions and Formulas
- Managing Tables
- Enhancing your Workbook
There are NO previous work or education requirements for entry into any course level.