Disclaimer: Course content and offerings are subject to change without notice. Any promises and/or guarantees made by betterU Partners and their instructors are not binding on the betterU Marketplace.
This course introduces you to the essential foundations of college level writing. Our Composition I course provides an overview of the various types of college writing, such as personal, expository, persuasive, and argumentative and describes the characteristics of each. The basic fundamentals are covered from the ground up; from structuring and developing a paper, crafting topics, creating outlines and revising, editing and proofreading skills. You will be introduced to the general processes of communication through writing and reading.
After completing this course, you should be able to:
- Recognize the fundamental elements of writing and active reading
- Recall brainstorming techniques and pre-writing skills
- Identify how to structure and develop a paper
- List the components of editing, revising and proofreading writing
- Define personal, persuasive, argumentative and expository writing
- Create several methods of persuasion in order declare your position to be accurate
|Course Length||135 hours/4 Months (120 Days)|
|Course Code||ENG 105|
|Number of Credits||3|
There is no extra cost for textbooks or materials. All materials are included with this course.
Ed4Credit courses go through an intensive quality review process by ACE CREDIT® prior to being available to students. ACE CREDIT has evaluated and recommended this Ed4Credit course for college credit. Once you have completed an Ed4Credit course, you are eligible to receive an ACE Transcript for credit transfer purposes.
Almost 2,000 colleges and universities consider ACE CREDIT recommendations in determining the applicability to their schools’ course and degree programs. The ACE CREDIT® logo is a registered trademark of the American Council on Education and cannot be used or reproduced without the express written consent of the American Council on Education. Used with permission.
Ed4Online has partnered with ProctorU!
ProctorU is a live online proctoring service that allows exam takers to complete their certification exams at home.
This partnership allows us to maintain the professionalism and integrity that we desire within the exam taking process.
You can take your proctored exam online from anywhere using a webcam and a high speed internet connection.
Here are some things to keep in mind as you prepare to take your exam…
- You will need to create a FREE PROCTORU ACCOUNT and schedule an exam
- Exams need to be scheduled 3 days in advance!
- You will need a webcam, speakers and a microphone for the exam.