Whether you are pursuing your graduation, seeking to improve your professional status or want to become a practicing financial planner, CFP Certification can open the doors to better opportunities. Rated as Gold Standard in Financial Planning, Certified Financial Planner or CFP is an international certification programme in the lucrative field of financial planning, wealth management and financial advisory services. As the Indian Financial Industry is transforming and maturing, professional financial planners have become an imminent need. In India, leading industry giants from the financial services sector have been promoting the concept of financial planning among customers and professionals. The Certified Financial Planner Certification Programme makes you competent to provide strategic advice with regard to investment,... Read More »
Whether you are pursuing your graduation, seeking to improve your professional status or want to become a practicing financial planner, CFP Certification can open the doors to better opportunities.
Rated as Gold Standard in Financial Planning, Certified Financial Planner or CFP is an international certification programme in the lucrative field of financial planning, wealth management and financial advisory services.
As the Indian Financial Industry is transforming and maturing, professional financial planners have become an imminent need. In India, leading industry giants from the financial services sector have been promoting the concept of financial planning among customers and professionals.
The Certified Financial Planner Certification Programme makes you competent to provide strategic advice with regard to investment, insurance, tax, retirement & estate needs and enables you to plan and fulfill such needs.
Certified Financial Planner Certification is:
- A mark of quality- the world over
- Tested for competency, education, examination & work experience Committed to code of ethics & rules of professional conduct
- The highest level of certification globally in the field of financial planning
Some of the many benefits to taking this programme include:
- Supported, recognized and promoted by 48 Charter Members and other employers engaged in financial planning services, looking for competent and ethical financial planning professionals.
- An industry and employment-oriented certification which is rated as “One of the Best Jobs” by U.S. News and World Report, 2012.
- Rated amongst the ‘Top 20 Jobs’ on the basis of five key areas: Work Environment, Physical Demands, Job Outlook, Income Levels and Stress by Career Cast in 2014.
- The most recognised and respected financial planning certification in 25 countries.
- Rated as Gold Standard by Wall Street Journal in 2006.
- Ideal for self-employment. Financial planners can start their own practice as an entrepreneur.
- Highly sought after certification by BFSI industry as it provides credibility with customers seeking trustworthy assistance.
- Enables qualified individuals to provide clients with a holistic approach to achieving their financial and life goals.
Careers in financial planning are expected to grow 41% globally by 2016, according to Money Magazine and Payscale.com. Assuming one financial planner is handling approx. 1,000 clients, we need at least 50,000 Certified Financial Planners in India immediately. However, up till December 2014, India has had only 1820 CFP professionals.
With a growing demand for qualified personal financial planners, now is the time to become a Certified Financial Planner professional.
In India, CFP recipients are in demand in the following fields:
- Wealth Management Companies
- Stock Braking Firms
- Investment Advisory Services
- Financial Planning Services
- Life and General Insurance
- Accounting and Law Firms
- Asset Management Companies
- Credit Counseling Organisations
V-class is our endeavor to introduce a learning platform that has features of real-time academic delivery with frequent learner interactions. The lectures are delivered by expert faculties, industry professionals and academicians from identified locations across the country. Equipped with its numerous functionalities, V- CLASS provides the student flexibility to attend the program at his/ her convenience from an ICFL location, office or home and through any device (desktop, laptop or a hand held device). Depending on the course a student has opted for, he also has access to recorded sessions in case a class is missed or there is a need for revision.
The V-class Advantage:
Expertise: Access to a qualified faculty resource pool which includes domain experts, industry professionals and academicians from various locations
Experience: A well-known brand with the experience of training more than 41akh learners through its various programmes
Technology: Fully Online Course with LIVE online interactive lectures that provides classroom experience in a “virtual” environment. No isolated learning experience
Convenience*: In the event that students misses attending the LIVE lecture on the Virtual Classroom for some reason, students can request for access to the recorded sessions
Comfort*: Learn from Anywhere -No need to travel to an institute or training center. Student may learn from the comfort of his/her home
*Facility to access recorded sessions and access from outside ICFL premise depends on the course opted for.
Certified Financial Planner (CFP) Regular Pathway V-Class Training Programme
- 125+ hours of training through V- Class
- Exhaustive Study Material
- Case Studies with Mock Test
- Online Mock Tests
- Doubt Solving I Faculty Interactions Session through V-Class
- Financial plan construction training by an industry practitioner
- Guest Lectures by Industry Experts
Exclusive benefits for Weekday (CFP*) Regular Pathway V-Class training programme
- Free access to Foundation of Stock Investing program delivered live by a stock market expert though V-class
- Free access to our elearning courses ‘Gateway to Stock Investing’ and ‘Gateway to Futures & Options’ that includes over 17 hrs of interactive learning on stocks and derivatives for a period of six months
*The above three add-ons worth Rs. 5000 /- will be offered complementary to all weekday students
View more about the Certified Financial Planner Training ProgrammeRead Less
- Other undergraduates/ graduates looking for a career in finance
- MBA/ CA/ CA Inter
- Insurance Advisors
- Banking Professionals
- Mutual Fund Distributors
- Professionals interested to make a fruitful career in finance
Type of Certification
Format of Certification
Method of Obtaining Certification
FPSB India is the principal licensing body that awards CFP Certification in India It is an affiliate of Financial Planning Standard Board (FPSB) based in Denver, U.S. It provides a pathway for members to develop the necessary skills & knowledge to become successful financial planners
Who will teach you?
With the objective of ensuring premium & highly practical learning that you deserve, we have stringent faculty selection standards.
All of our faculty are CFP Certificants and have not only rich experience as industry practitioners but also flair to teach.
The Intensive 3-Tier Faculty Selection Process
The organisation follows an intensive 3-tier process for selection of the faculty.
- Credential-based shortlisting
- CFP Certification
- Extensive experience in teaching
- Experience as an industry practitioner
- Personal interview with qualified domain experts
- Before selection, internal experts involve in a detailed discussion with the faculty to evaluate domain knowledge and ability to teach
- Screening by the committee of top management
- Each faculty is exclusively screened by a committee consisting of senior management of ICICI Securities Limited
- Financial Planning Process
- Client Interactions
- Time Value of Money Applications
- Personal Financial Statements
- Cash Flow and Debt Management
- Asset Acquisition
- Education Planning
- Overview of Risk Management
- Investment Planning
- Retirement Planning
- Special Circumstances
- Plan Integration
- Ethics and Business Aspects of Financial Planning
- Risk Management and Insurance Decisions in Personal Financial Planning
- Identifying Client's Exposures to Morality, Health,
- Disability, Property, liability and Long-term Care Risk is Emphasized
- Selecting the Appropriate Risk Management Technique
- Insurance Pricing
- Various Insurance Policies & Strategies:
- General Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Motor Insurance
- Medical Insurance
- Insurance of Business Risk Regulation of Insurance Industry
- Retirement Need Analysis Techniques
- Development of Retirement Plans
- Various Retirement Schemes such as:
- Employees Provident Fund IEPF)
- Public Provident Fund IPPF)
- Superannuation Fund
- Other Pension Plans, Post-retirement Counselling
- Risk Return Analysis
- Mutual Funds
- Asset Allocation
- Investment Strategies
- Portfolio Construction & Management
- Regulation of an Investment Advisor
- Tax Planning:
- Income Tax Computation
- Capital Gain & Indexation
- House Property
- Deductions & Allowances
- Non Resident Indian Tax Laws
- Tax Management Techniques
- Estate Planning:
- Wills, Trust, Indian Succession Act
- Power of Attorney
- Joint Ownership of Property
- Establishing Client Planner Relationship
- Analyse Client Objectives, Needs &
- Financial Situation
- Developing the Financial Plan
- Implementing the Financial Plan
- Monitoring the Financial Plan