Apache Hadoop YARN Fundamentals LiveLessons from Pearson is the first complete video training course on the basics of Apache Hadoop version 2 with YARN. The tutorial begins with MapReduce and Big Data fundamentals and moves to YARN design, installation (laptop, cluster, and cloud), administration, running applications (MapReduce2, Pig and Hive), writing new applications, and useful frameworks. Additional coverage of Ambari, Ganglia, Nagios and the Hortonworks HDP is provided.
- Technical decision makers and Apache Hadoop practitioners needing to understand the details and impact of YARN in Apache Hadoop 2.
- Apache Hadoop 2 administrator and those in operations who are responsible for running existing and new workloads on Apache Hadoop 2.
- Developers who needs to understand the features and facilities of YARN in Apache Hadoop 2. This set of videos provides a blueprint on how to port an existing application to run on YARN in Apache Hadoop 2.
- Understanding of Apache Hadoop 1 or 2. Experience using Apache Hadoop 1 is recommended.
- Strong Linux adminstration skills. Should be comfortable installing and configuring Linux, installation and configuration of add on packages and general Linux administration for installation sections.
- Understanding of and experience with common open source development tools needed for application development section.