Android App Development Certification Training
Our Android development online course-is now certified by Google. Google plans to train 2M android developers in India in next 3 years as the app ecosystem grows stronger with advances in IOT, mobile devices and has chosen edureka as one of the partners to realize this goal.
We have through this upgraded world-class Android Developer course become aligned with Googles vision of helping to make India a global hub of high-quality mobile developers and towards that supporting Google in their endeavor to train two million android developers. Our Android course is taught by top practitioners who are working full time, developing complex mobile apps. Our instructors work closely with Edurekas in-house instructional design team to develop comprehensive and latest course content along with projects. Our interactive sessions and hands-on projects will ensure that you come out of this Android training as an ace developer. The Google authorized Android Development course is primarily designed for programmers who want to learn how to create mobile applications on the Android platform. As a part of this cour... Read More »
We have through this upgraded world-class Android Developer course become aligned with Googles vision of helping to make India a global hub of high-quality mobile developers and towards that supporting Google in their endeavor to train two million android developers. Our Android course is taught by top practitioners who are working full time, developing complex mobile apps. Our instructors work closely with Edurekas in-house instructional design team to develop comprehensive and latest course content along with projects. Our interactive sessions and hands-on projects will ensure that you come out of this Android training as an ace developer.
The Google authorized Android Development course is primarily designed for programmers who want to learn how to create mobile applications on the Android platform. As a part of this course, you will create widgets, Customize List view, Grid view, Spinners etc, create applications using audio, video and sqlite database and finally publish it on Google Play. This course will help you learn mobile app development from scratch and unlock new job opportunities for you in start-ups as well as large organizations. Master Android app development, learn how to set up Android Studio, understand Android architecture in detail, learn about integrating your mobile apps with Facebook, Twitter and other social media, Google Drive, Google Maps, SQLite and learn how to create and optimize app user experience.
Android is fast becoming one of the biggest platforms for programmers today. There is a huge demand for skilled Android developers all over the world. Most businesses across multiple domains are building Android Apps both for enterprise and retail products. Whether you are student or in the IT industry, possessing Android Development skills will help you take the next big leap in your career.As a part of this course, you’ll develop your own mobile applications under the guidance of our expert instructors to give you a hands-on experience.This course is designed to help you become a top mobile app developer.
Project 1: Weather Application
Description: Create a Weather Application, which will show the current weather to a user. The application will display current temperature, humidity and hourly weather updates. We will be using OkHttp client to load the data from the network. The application will use the forecast.io API to fetch current weather updates. The application will leverage Google GSON to map JSON to Java POJO Classes.
Project 2: Trakt Movie App
Description: Create a movie application using Trakt API. The application shows a list of top 50 Trending movies on the dashboard screen. It shows the movie image and movie name in each list item. When user clicks on any particular list item, movie details will be shown.
Each class will be followed by practical assignments which can be completed before the next class.Read Less
- Basic Android Development tools such as Android Studio, DDMS, Drawables, Listeners and Activity Lifecycle
- Use various Layouts and Widgets and Implementing Event Receivers in your android application
- Communicate between fragments and activities in android
- Customize a widget and implement a menu bar in your activity
- Create interactive applications in android with multiple activities including audio, video and animation
- Create a dynamic web application with jSON and SOAP Service
- Display user current location in a google map
- Create applications using SQLite database and Third Party Libraries
- Integrate Facebook, Dropbox and Google Drive in your existing android application
- Publish your App on Google Play
Type of Certification
Format of Certification
Method of Obtaining Certification
Once you are successfully through the project (Reviewed by an expert), you will be awarded a certificate with a performance-based grading.
If your project is not approved in 1st attempt, you can take extra assistance for any of your doubts to understand the concepts better and reattempt the Project free of cost.
Learning Objectives : In this module, you will learn the basic architecture of Android platform, download the tools used by any Android application developer and use them to create your first Android app. You will also learn how to run android application on emulator & on your own device. We will deep dive into Android application lifecycle and understand the working of event listener.
- Basics of Android
- Android Architecture
- Android Studio Setup - Modifying project parameters in Android Studio and Gradle build files
- Adding dependencies in Android Studio and Gradle build files
- Activity Lifecycle
- Event Listener
Learning Objectives : In this module, you will learn to create a user interface by using the visual tools and the underlying XML. We will deep dive into core of Android layouts and impressive and easy to code android widgets along with Implementing Event Receivers.
- RelativeLayout - Adding a widget to the user's home screen and updating active home screen widgets
- DatePicker Dialog
- BroadcastReceivers (System & Custom)
Learning Objectives : In this module, you will be able to create applications with multiple activities and learn to share information between multiple activities. Also you will be able to use audio and video files in your project and generate notifications in android.
- Activities - Persisting application state during configuration changes and creating activity hierarchies
- Explicit and Implicit intents - Navigating between activities using intents
- Using NotificationCompact to Show Notifications - UsingPendingIntentto package and send a delayed action
- Services for executing background work
- UsingJobSchedulerfor syncs and periodic tasks, and Scheduling time sensitive tasks with alarms
Learning Objectives : In this module you will learn to implement different collections widgets available in android like GridView, ListView and RecyclerView. We will also learn to implement one of the four essential components of Android development, which is Broadcast Receivers. We will also deep divining into Android canvas framework, which lets you draw different shapes on the screen.
- ListView - Building layouts using XML and Java code and Grouping common UI design elements with styles
- RecyclerView - Handling item touch interactions in a RecyclerView
- DrawerLayout - Providing alternative resources for device configuration changes
- Canvas & Paint - Customizing the application theme
- Extending framework UI components to create custom views and validating application layouts properly respond to accessibility events
- Constructing Option menus for action bar navigation
Learning Objectives : In this module you will learn most important persistent frameworks in Android system, which is SharedPreference, and Android File System. We will learn to implement different types of animations provided by android system to create impressive android applications.
- Internal & External File Storage
- SharedPreference - Creating settings UI using the preferences framework and reacting to changes in a Shared Preferences instance
- MediaPlayer & VideoView
- Tween Animation
- View Property Animation
Learning Objectives : In this module, at times you will need to perform tasks that should prevent blocking the user from performing other tasks in the application. Here is when services and broadcast receivers come into play. You will learn the highly acclaimed API of Android framework, which is AsyncTask. We will also learn to implement SOAP Services. You will understand the concept of Retrofit library used for performing these Asynchronous tasks.
- An overview of SAS
- Application of SAS
- SAS Environment
- SAS Libraries
- Data Step
- Proc Step
- Key Concepts - Data Set
- Data Portion
- Variables etc.
Learning Objectives : In this module you will learn android location framework like GoogleMaps and Geocoder, which will help you to integrate location related functionality in your applications. You would also learn to draw markers on the map to show targeted locations to user and also perform animated zooming over the map.
- Fetch Users Current Location
- Reverse Geocoding using Geocoder
- Showing Current Location on Map
- Showing Markers on Map
- Exploring different Map Types
- Animated Zooming using Camera
Learning Objectives : In todays world what app doesn’t make use of saving and retrieving data? You will be learning most common mechanisms for doing this. You will learn to use android SQLite framework. Also you will see how the data can be saved in database asynchronously. After completing database we will learn how to use few of the most famous and efficient third party libraries in our application like image loading, database implementation while writing minimal code.
- Using SQLiteOpenHelper
- SQLite Data Types
- Maping between Table Widgets using
- Using Async CursorLoaders
- Palette for extracting colors from images
- Picasso for Image Loading Caching
- ButterKnife for Injecting Views
- TimesSquare for showing CalendarView
- Cupboard for ORM
Learning Objectives : Facebook, DropBox Google Drive are some of the essential applications which are present on almost all user devices, we will learn to integrate them in our application. We will be learning Single Sign on, uploading files to Google Drive. We will also learn to use various sensors available in Android devices like compass, Accelerometer etc.
- Facebook Integration
- Dropbox Integration
- Google Drive Integration
- Exploring Android Sensors
Learning Objectives : In this final lesson, you will learn to use Android Studio much more efficiently; we will create one live application end to end to revise the concepts we learnt earlier. We will be signing the application using our newly generated keystore and then you will learn how to submit an application to Google Play to share with the world.
- Debugging Applications
- End to End App Development including writing and executing automated unit tests on the local JVM, writing and executing automated instrumentation tests on an Android device, using the system log output (andlogcattools) to trace code execution, locating an error from the stack trace of an uncaught exception and using
- Strict Mode to locate and report threading violations and leaks
- Using Proguard to obfuscate applications
- Generating Signing Keys
- Publish the application on Google Play Store (Live Demo)
- Doubts & QueriesUsing Proguard to obfuscate applications